Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm Hooked on a Feeling ♫

Alright so it's August now. How'd that happen?

All of a sudden I only have two weeks left until school starts again. I'm not really complaining though. I feel like I'm one of the few that actually enjoy school to a certain point. That point being homework, I'm not about homework.
I've done a few interesting things since my last post. First being my local theater company's production of Fiddler on the Roof. I wasn't in it or anything, but my friend Elliot was playing the Rabbi and my other friend Justin was working lights. So Ellie and I packed up two mini cacti (because flowers are too cliche) and headed to the theater. The performance was through a summer camp, so it was an all teenager cast, and let me tell you, those were some freakishly talented teenagers. I was really impressed by how good it was. The guy who played the main character was incredibly cute, even with his glued on beard, but then Elliot told me that he was younger than me so I let that one go. The four of us made slightly awkward conversation after the show until Ellie and I had to go. She gave them their celebratory cacti and I made the decision that it was a night well spent.

Second being the opening night of Guardians of the Galaxy. I had no idea this comic book series existed until this movie came out, but my love for all Marvel movies and Chris Pratt drove me to go see it anyways. When I read that it was playing at the local IMAX theater the night before it was actually supposed to come out, I texted Ryan and Skylar and we bought tickets immediately. I thought we got there at a reasonable time, but by the time we walked into the theater there was already a huge line. Some very dedicated fans made up this line as well. Skylar and I kind of felt bad because there were people all around us answering trivia questions like lightning and we had no clue what was going on. Ryan didn't care either way. She just wanted a night out.
The movie itself was the best. Marvel definitely did good with this one. It was just the right amount of comedy and action, and it was serious when it needed to be. It was also a really nice feeling when every single person stayed for the end credit scene. After it ended we walked down the main strip downtown to go get pizza. That night the street was lined with food trucks because they were having a bluegrass concert. Walking at night with music and delicious food smells filling the air is what I live for. We got our pizza and complimented random people as they walked past us just for kicks. Then we spent the rest of the night watching part of Fight Club and listening to music.
The next morning we woke up early and walked to Starbucks. The two of them got coffee and 'Oprah Chai Tea' and I just got a croissant because Starbucks isn't really my cup of tea. However, their croissants are surprisingly delicious. We stayed at Skylar's until early afternoon.

Exclusive poster I got for seeing it in IMAX on opening night


Third being a concert. A friend of Ellie's is in a band called Qualian (go check them out) and he put out an open invitation on his Instagram to come to the bands first big performance. So when 7:00 rolled around I headed back downtown and met up with Skylar and her friend Brooke Lindsay. I think it's safe to say the three of us felt a bit awkward standing there. As cool as the boys in the band are, some how they're friends with all of the rich/preppy kids. So the crowd was made up of annoying 'popular' people from our school, rich kids from one of the private schools in town, and extremely aggravating middle schoolers. I only say they were aggravating because the five boys in front of me thought they would try to start a mosh pit. A MOSH PIT. you are twelve and have never touched mosh pit worthy music in your life. stop. One of them got pushed into me and out of reflex I pushed him back and muttered a few choice words. Besides them, the band did an awesome job. Their original songs were actually really good and they did a Strokes cover and a Black Keys cover. I made short Instagram video of the set and, to my delight, the lead singer and lead guitarist commented on it. The other guitarist even asked me to send him the videos I got! I get that they're just high schoolers like me, but I was still a bit starstruck.

That's basically how my July rapped up and my August began, so I'll leave you with that. Also, check out Qualian on bandcamp! [here]

Song of the day // the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack because it was perfection. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis