Sunday, June 29, 2014

Blue eyes and jazz and attitude

Last night was probably the most social interaction I've had in quite a few days.

The day started off with a visit to this giant cemetery downtown with the boyfriend. We pointed out funny last names and read all the interesting ones. The cemetery is actually really beautiful and not at all scary during the day.





Most of the time we sat on a stone bench in front of our favorite grave. It belonged to a girl who died at the age of 21. She died unexpectedly due to some illness I think.






After our cemetery stroll, we drove down the road to Krispy Kreme and bought as much as $4 could get us. That ended up being two doughnuts and a bottle of water. Chocolate and sprinkles for me and raspberry filled for him. After I watched him drive off, still wearing his Krispy Kreme hat, I went back home to change quickly and then drive back downtown to see two friends of mine preform a gig at some bar/cafe.



The gig was actually pretty cool. The place they were playing looked a bit sketchy on the outside, but on the inside it was quite comfy. I sat with some other friends and waited for the performance to start. As the night progressed, you could tell it was one of those bars that gets a lot of regulars. Everyone seemed to know each other. It started off with one of my friends' dad and his band playing. They're called Prose of Kahn, you should go check them out. I liked them a lot, but they were bit loud for such a tiny place. After they were through, we had some time to just talk and hang out because some technical difficulties were being met. Nothing really interesting happened. Just visiting with people I hadn't seen since school let out and trying to make eye contact with boys. Usual stuff.
My friends finally got everything working and started their set. They did an excellent job. One was singing and doing either bass or ukulele and the other beat boxed. They did a lot of covers including, Sweater Weather, Valerie, You & I, Time to Pretend, How to be a Heartbreaker, and others. They also did some ones that the singer had written, which were really cute. Altogether I had a lovely night out, and got to see some people I hadn't seen for a few weeks and that was really nice.

I also made a new 8tracks playlist dedicated to Bond. James Bond. I think it's quite nice and you can listen to it [here]

Song of the day- Shades of Cool by Lana Del Rey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis