Friday, June 13, 2014

Got Out of Cape Cod Last Night

Last night was a very special night.

It was the night that three of my friends and I had each splurged 60 dollars to see Vampire Weekend in concert. Our deep love for Ezra Koenig would be heard from our joyful screams coming from the stranger filled pit.
We drove downtown to the outdoor venue a lot later than I had hoped. Gates opened at 6:30 and Ellie's dad didn't understand why the heck we would want to stand in line for an hour prior. It actually made me really uncomfortable getting there after people were already let in because I get to every concert early. If I'm paying 60 bucks I want to be able to see Ezra's face in detail, okay? But despite our later arrival, we still got pretty good spots. As soon as I got a good look around the venue, I could only think of one thing. That it literally looked like my Tumblr had come to life. Flower crowns, floral print, knee socks, combat boots, sheer tops, crops tops, EVERYWHERE. I felt incredibly under dressed. But I still think I rocked my DIY Ezra Koenig shirt, store-bought side-crocheted shorts, and converse. As soon as we got through the merch line, we went to grab and protect our spots in the pit. I felt really cool holding up my wristband and having some tough looking guy say 'go ahead'. That is, until Maggie ran into a pole on our way in.
We stood there for about an hour just making jokes and listening to the weird conversations that other people were having. We also ran into our 7th grade science teacher, which was interesting. She gave us hugs and high fives and then left. Overall, it was an amazing concert experience. The crowd was super loose and into the band, the sky was clear and there was a slight breeze that just made everything feel great, and the band was super nice and preformed wonderfully. The opening band was The Cults and they were really awesome as well. I was really pleased how everything turned out.




A random group of boys we spotted and dubbed 'The Floral Gang'


Leaving the venue we ran into a bunch of people from school, including Maggie's sworn enemy. She was pissed off because he was at a Vampire Weekend concert and wearing an MGMT shirt, which means he has good music taste. Don't you just hate it when sucky people have good taste in things?
I feel like I have so much more to say about this concert, but my brain is wearing thin from lack of sleep. So I'll leave you with these things;

I found this cute thing on a walk with the boyfriend earlier:



And I just finished watching the Jimmy Fallon episode with Jack White. He's such an amazing person and musical genius oh my gosh. Here are the links to his performance:

[Just One Drink & Lazaretto]

//Song of the day- Walcott by Vampire Weekend

1 comments:

  1. I just just discovered your blog and I love it, this post is old but I am so head over heels for Ezra I couldn't not read it

    ReplyDelete

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis