Saturday, July 5, 2014

You know I feel Alright




It's gotten to the point, as it usually does over summer break, where I start to have trouble remembering what day it is.

Yesterday was the 4th of July. So, like any good American, I left my house to go watch giant lights explode in the sky. The festivities started out when I went in search of a decent hamburger, since my Dad is a vegetarian we couldn't just make them at home. So I went to Five Guys and got myself dinner, silently flirted with 'burger boy' (this cute blonde guy that works at the Five Guys near my house. Every time I see him he always bashfully stares at me from across the room), and then headed downtown. I walked down the main street the always set aside for special events. It was packed with local bands, tons of food carts, local business tents, and tons of people. I brushed hands with way too many strangers on accident. I made my way all the way down the strip and to the concert venue/amphitheater at the end of it. It too was packed full of people, but everyone was sitting down and enjoying the band. I found my two friends, Ellie and Justin, and sat with them on the grass. We sat and talked for a while, just enjoying the rare nice weather. Then, the fireworks started. I loved every minute of it. The fireworks were gorgeous this year. They had various classic rock songs playing and some of the fireworks were shaped like things. There were smiley faces, hearts, stars, and weird spiral things, along with the classic burst ones. Some of the gold colored ones fizzled and sparkled like pixie dust. The first song they played was Fortunate Son, which is my most favorite Creedence Clearwater Revival song ever. All in all, it was a beautiful display and I had a really good time.




Then Ellie invited me to sleepover at her place, so I followed her to her parents' Jeep and we literally sat there for 20 minutes waiting for traffic to clear so we could back out of our spot. It was really entertaining though because we had the top down. Ellie kept forgetting that and ended up yelling angry things at the people honking ("What are you hoping to accomplish?!?!"). Luckily, they had their tops on so they didn't hear us. Her parents also insisted on listening to the Top 40 station, so we danced and sang loudly along with 'Fancy' for quite some time. I like to think people were amused and not weirded out.
Once we got back to her place, we lit sparklers in her driveway and played with matches a bit. I've never been a big fan of playing, or being anywhere near, fire. Last night was the first time I actually held a sparklers myself and it was really fun. We did that past midnight, until her mom yelled at us and we came inside. After that we just ate, watched Adventure Time, and assisted a friend of mine with his girl problems. Pretty fun stuff.




Today was the 5th of July. Which means the Beatles movie, A Hard Days Night, was officially re-released in theaters. After a long day of doing absolutely nothing, I threw on my Beatles t-shirt and headed to the movie theater near my house. My parents came with me too of course. My dad saw the movie when it first came out, but he said he couldn't properly enjoy it because all the girls in the theater were screaming so loudly. I have to say, there were some pretty interesting people who came. Not many other people my age at all. There were two girls who looked to be in their early twenties and one of them was dressed in sort of a 60's mod kind of style, but still up to date at the same time. She was very stylish. There were a bunch of older people whom I overheard talking about when they first saw the movie, or when they actually saw the Beatles in concert, or just about the 60's in general. One much older lady had a Yellow Submarine shirt and the tips of her short, white hair was died bright blue. She seemed cool.

ign.com

themetropolistimes.com

clclt.com



The movie itself was perfect of course. The music, the boys, the humor, was all just perfect. The audience laughed and clapped at all the right times too. Plus the way it looked all restored and in high quality was brilliant. It's nice watching it for once and not having it be fuzzy or grainy. I hope you have a chance to go see it. If it's been released in a theater near you, I highly recommend going.

examiner.com

xmastime.blogspot.com

electricroulette.com
song of the day // I Should Have Known Better by The Beatles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis