Friday, April 3, 2015

You know, girly stuff

There's nothing I love more than sunny days. As someone who's emotions mostly depend on the vibes happening around me, sunny days are much more preferable than gray and rainy days.

Today I present to you some of my new found favorite things:

1. Mac DeMarco

I'd heard of Mac DeMarco before from various friends and music websites, but with me it usually takes a few tries before I really start to like something.

My favorite song so far from Mac has been Salad Days from the album Salad Days. It's such a chill, easy going song. It's the kind of song where you're just sitting around with friends and you're all moving your heads along with the beat. NPR writer, Daniel Levin Becker, describes the Salad Days album as "sun-dappled". I think he was pretty spot on about that.
Another favorite is Ode to Viceroy off the album Mac DeMarco 2. Also a pretty chill tune, this one gives me a very "lazy morning" vibe. The entire song is about Mac's love for Viceroy cigarettes. As much as I hate cigarettes I have no problem singing along to this.
Some other Mac DeMarco songs I urge you to listen to are Let Her Stay, Goodbye to the Weekend, and Freaking Out the Neighborhood. If you like some laid-back, but cleverly written tunes, then this is the musician for you.







2. Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Yes Please is Amy Poehler's first book and autobiography. I literally finished reading it about 15 minutes ago and I am so glad I read it. I'm not sure how appealing a read it would be if you're not a huge Amy Poehler fan, but saying as it's an excellent book packed with lots of good life advice, I recommend it regardless. In the book, Amy talks at length about her childhood, her time spent in Chicago and New York, Saturday Night Live, Parks and Recreation, her friends and co-workers, her trip to Haiti, and other life experiences. It really was a satisfying read and I feel like I learned a lot not just about the wonder that is Amy Poehler, but also life in general.



3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Yes I realize how late I am on this.
I am equally in love and in hate with this show. It's so cliche and the dialogue is literally so cringe worthy, but I love it so much. I finished watching the first episode and I thought to myself "oh my god why did I watch that." and then proceeded to watch three more episodes. I don't even think I have to recommend this to anyone seeing as it's already a classic. I just needed to express my love for it some how. Buffy's fashion sense makes me want to raid her closet pronto and I'm not sure what Angel's purpose is yet but I just want to stare into his mysterious, bad boy eyes forever. As for Willow and Xander, I think they're adorable and want to hug them for all eternity. Anyone else feel me on that?





Those have been my obsessions as of late, so if you haven't experienced any of these for yourself I honestly don't know what you're waiting for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis