Sunday, November 16, 2014

Numbness and late night IHOP stops

Friday night my friends and I were invited to go to a gig for our friends' band. The band is made of of five guys, two from our high school and three from a local private school. We each knew them through mutual friends for the most part and decided that it would be a fun time. I went to their first ever gig back in August and it was really something.


This time, they had it on the front lawn of a girlfriend's house. When I say house, it was more of a mansion. I'm talking giant glass front doors, a fountain out front, a balcony on the second level, etc. It was absolutely gorgeous and I can understand why they didn't let any of us inside. The band played for almost an hour, since they only have seven songs written and then one cover prepared. They're a really talented group of guys though. I'll link their bandcamp at the end of this post.





After the band was done, the parents ordered about 20 pizza's for everyone and brought out cake as well. By that time though, everyone was feeling the effects of the late November night. Even though I was wearing my thickest socks and combat boots, my toes had gone completely numb. So everyone milled about socializing, eating, and watching my friend Logan and one of his friends have a rap battle until one of the band members announced that they were going to IHOP if anyone would like to join. It was a unanimous decision among my group that IHOP was an awesome idea and so that's where we went. It took about half an hour to find a ride and two of my friends almost got in a fight with another girl.


By the time we got there, the band guys and all of their friends had already grabbed a table and the half of our group that found a ride before us had as well. Coffee was ordered and the cold melted away thanks to the heating that was on blast.  Shoutout to our lovely waiter David who stayed patient with us even though it took us over an hour to pool enough money together to actually order food.


As the night dragged on, the band guys all left with their friends and we stayed longer and ended up having a really nice time. The band's lead singer, Walker, and the band's drummer/Walker's brother, Grey, had been ditched by the others so Walker came and sat with us. Grey joined us a bit later because he was chatting up some girls. I knew Walker previously through one of my best friends, who was also there, so it wasn't awkward. This was my first time actually getting to hang out with him though. We all sat and talked until around 11 and then it was time for all of us to head out. I felt bad because the car we were taking home was full, so Walker and Grey took a taxi home. I was really glad I got to officially meet them though. Walker is a really nice guy. Raney thought he looked like Alex Turner when he was performing.

Please give their EP a listen, it's actually quite good:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis