Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Weekend Story 2//3 : Halloween

Halloween is without a doubt my favorite holiday. I love dressing up, I love candy, and I love getting up to random shenanigans at night.

This year I dressed up as Penny Lane from the movie Almost Famous. I didn't get a picture of it sadly, but I will eventually. It's not really my favorite costume I've ever done, but it came out nicely.


Once night fell we all gathered at a friends house and snacked on bagel bites and gave out candy. My favorite kid we gave candy to was this kind of awkward boy that looked to be about eight or nine. We asked him what he was and he said he was a "pirate-robot-fox" which was super cool. 10 points for creativity. We gave him his candy and I was about to close the door when he turned around and said "oh one more thing!.......I also suck people's souls." With the most deadpan expression. Then he turned and left. 

Once everyone had arrived, we all set out to go trick or treating. All of the houses we stopped at were really chill and gave us a good amount of candy, except for the very first one. The lady took one look at us and said "Aren't you a little old?" I told her we were young at heart. She shrugged and gave each of us a gross looking "organic" lollypop. I bet she's fun at parties. 


After we hit up a few houses a bunch of us wanted to try and sneak into the graveyard. The graveyard in the neighborhood was the biggest one in the city so I got really excited. We managed to find a break in the chain-link fence and proceeded to climb in. Not even 2 minutes in some of my friends thought they saw something and ran screaming back into the street. One of them even ran smack into a giant plastic traffic thing. None of us could stop laughing for a good solid 10 minutes.

After that mis-adventure we agreed to go to the woods next to the dog park instead. Still creepy, but more manageable. Once we got there we all sat in circle and played truth or dare. That resulted in an innocent pedestrian getting mooned for a few seconds.



The rest of our night out included painting ourselves with glow stick fluid, lighting a glow stick on
fire, and playing spin the bottle with just about every object possible that wasn't actually a bottle.

 

When we got back to the house we all made some amazingly delicious s'mores and just messed around. There was an attempt made to make friends with a cat, but it was not having it and just glared at us from the shed roof instead. 


Six of us ended up sleeping over. We all huddled onto the couch and watched Carrie until 1 am. Apparently I was the only one who was actually enjoying Carrie so it got switched to GBF instead. We all ignored the overall stupidity of the movie and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

Halloween concluded with the greeting of chocolate chip pancakes the next morning and still groggy reflections of how the night went. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my favorite holiday.




2 comments:

  1. haha, aww!!! ur night sounded like a lot of fun, glad u had an exciting night on ur favorite holiday!!

    ReplyDelete

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis