Sunday, May 18, 2014

☯ A Day of Good Things ☯

I meant to post this on the day it actually happened, but I put it on my Tumblr instead.

Today was such an unexpectedly good day I feel the need to tell all you people about it.
The reason I want to start with is that I just put my iTunes on shuffle and the first thing that came on was my new favorite Black Keys song (Gotta Get Away). That's pretty rad, you should all go listen to it. Definitely a summery/road trippy song. (I put it at the end of this post)
Anyways,
real reasons:
First of all, I don't normally skip class. There was that one time in seventh grade, but that was a bust and we got caught and it was hilarious. This didn't really count either, but my friend and I took some chip bags from my chorus teachers closet and proceeded to leave the classroom and walk around school for no reason. It was a nice feeling just walking around the building unnoticed by anybody.

Secondly, I've started reading this book called The Museum of Intangible Things. It's a about two girls going on a crazy adventure and one has bi-polar disorder. Very interesting read. I highly recommend.

Thirdly, my math teacher ACTUALLY GAVE US NOTES IN CLASS. what? what is this? Normally he just talks the entire time and expects us not to get completely lost in all his weird mathematical doodles on the whiteboard. Maybe if he'd given us notes sooner than exam review week, I wouldn't have failed almost every quarter. Also I drew some stars and planet looking things on my fingers during class and they looked really pretty. Things like that just make me happy. 

Fourthly, after school ended I went with my boyfriend and my best dude friend and some random guy to chik-fil-a for a bit and then we drove to the science museum in downtown. Just being with those guys makes me really happy. The best part though was driving in the car. My boyfriend was driving, and we had the windows down and he was blasting rap (good rap) from the speakers and rapping along. I felt really cool wearing his aviators and having my hand out the window. 


Wise words from Jimi feat. my awkward legs

Boyfriend, Aidan, and random guy.


View of our city from the museum walkway 



Plus at the museum they have a bunch of ocean/fish related things. I absolutely love ocean/fish related things. So did Aidan (best guy friend) because he wants to be a Marine Biologist, so we just went around freaking out over all the fish and things. 




They had a submarine simulator, which wasn't really as cool as it sounds but the film on the screen was pretty cool. 




"I'd say I'm eccentric." 




Fifthly, the boyfriend drove me back to school for a theater banquet. I'm not actually in theater though. But before I started high school my cousins told me how great all the people in theater are, so when I was at my first week of school I joined drama club specifically to make friends. Weird I know. But hey, it worked. But I was a bit nervous to actually go in, because last time I went to a theater event thingy I ended up having a nervous breakdown and having an absolutely awful time. However, I walked in and sat down at one of the tables and everyone was really friendly. People I had seen but had been too shy to talk to actually introduced themselves to me and asked my name and such. So I cheered when my friends got awards and laughed when someone made a good joke and just had an all around pleasant time. Also at the banquet they preformed the latest play, which was a soap opera. It's actual school performance got cancelled because it was too raunchy. So they just preformed it for us and they were absolutely hilarious. Some stuff was improvised too, which made it even funnier. 

And that my people, is why today was a day of good things. Also it was Friday. Added bonus.

Gotta Get Away by The Black Keys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis