Monday, May 19, 2014

Trippy Hippie Queen

Since today was a day full of anxiety and barfing boyfriends, let's talk about something completely unrelated.

Last night I was watching the Billboard Music Awards. I was only watching for the performances though, since they completely fucked up categorization and gave the R&B artist of the year to Robin Thicke. (Ew x50) But I actually did really enjoy all of the performances. I missed the first few, but my babes, 5 Seconds of Summer, killed it and Lorde did a beautiful job as usual. One performance I especially liked though, was Miley Cyrus. She sang a cover of the Beatle's classic, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. A perfect song for the girl who's been captioning her latest Instagram pictures with 'trippy hippie'. The performance was great and she killed it. Except, she had the lead singer of Flaming Lips with her and that kind of ruined it for me. I saw the Flaming Lips open for the Black Keys last summer and I just really don't like them. With the exception of their cover of Heroes by David Bowie. That was spectacular.

I just have a strange love for Miley. I watched Hannah Montana a lot when I was younger. It was also the show that got my sister through her first two years of college. I liked her music a good amount when she was going through that phase of her life as well. Party in the USA remains on my iPod to this day and I sang Can't Be Tamed a lot when I was at summer camp. But just like everyone else, I was a bit taken a back when she bleached and chopped all of her hair off, started showing her tongue a lot more, and changed her music style. Unlike a lot of people, I was perfectly alright with this. As someone who would love to bleach and chop of all my hair, just for a nice change, I look up to Miley to a certain extent. Anyone who is so fearlessly able to be themselves and speak their mind, I'll probably admire. Plus, anyone who says that they'd never twerk or sing along to crappy pop/rap music is lying.

I guess I'm just going through a bit of a Miley phase in my life at the moment. I'm in a serious need for a change. I don't think I'll chop my hair off or burst in riding on a giant hotdog, but im not against dying my hair or changing my style up a bit. I think everyone needs something like that once in a while.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis