Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The 1975

Last night I finally got to see The 1975 in concert. 

This was the first concert I'd gone to completely by myself. Sure, there were people from school in the audience, but not people I knew well enough to actually hang out with or make the effort to find. Despite my ever present need to throw up, I still had an amazing time. Matty came out sipping on his wine bottle and his pretty hawaiian shirt was unbuttoned by the third song. He has to be the most English person I've ever been in the same room with. He called people "love" and "darling" a lot. At one point he took a girl from the front row's phone and started taking selfie's with it. 
  "Is this your phone?" He asked her. "I'm taking it!" 
He then proceeded to take selfies and a picture of the audience. 
  "Mine!" He proclaimed and run over to the other side of the stage. "My gig, love." He giggled and then returned it to her. So cute. 

The crowd had their phones out almost the entire time, but I'm not going to criticize since I was one of them. I did put it away after a bit though, but I also got some great videos (and pictures). I feel like a lot of their songs would do really well on movie soundtracks. 
Since I got there pretty late I didn't get to meet the band. Honestly I'm not too upset. I've found that if they come to a location once, they'll be back. I can't wait for that day. Hopefully it won't be like the venue guy said. Some girls asked him when the band would be back and he said 
  "Oh, they'll be back in 2075." 
He thought he was funny. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis