Thursday, May 29, 2014

We're almost there (summer I mean)


I don't really have that much to talk about. Despite it being the last week of normal classes before exams, this week was really boring.
I don't even remember much of what I did, except for Wednesday when I hung out with some friends while they played D&D and we had to awkwardly try to not pay attention to our friend breaking up with her girlfriend in the background. There was also the senior assembly. During which the rest of the school is forced to listen to a handful of seniors make some speeches or sing, and then watch more get handed scholarships. It still hasn't hit me that I won't be seeing two of my best friends next year. But Aidan's going to school in state and Cam is going to school in town, so I suppose that's pretty good. But even the seniors that I'm not best friends with or am just getting to know, like Day, aren't going to be around anymore.
But instead of talking about things that make me sad, I'm just going to post things from my tumblr and talk about things that are nice instead. \\

 


I absolutely must talk about this movie. Midnight in Paris: directed by Woody Allen. This is literally my most favorite movie of all time. My mom made me watch it with her some years ago and I just fell in love. Just with the whole idea of it. The 1920's, great american novelists, Paris, being unhappy with life, falling in love, etc. The whole aesthetic of the movie is just absolutely gorgeous. I hadn't watched it for some time, until recently somebody asked what my favorite movies were and Midnight in Paris came to mind. But I doubted myself after saying it because I honestly couldn't remember if it really was THAT great, or if I had just hyped it up in my mind. But nope, I went back and watched it two nights ago and my subconscious was right. It's an absolutely wonderful movie. I highly recommend to any and everybody. 



The above is a genius movie entitled Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (directed Edgar Wright, who I just found out directed Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End !!). If you aren't at least amused by this movie, I don't understand you. I realized the other day that if, for some reason, making/directing movies doesn't work out for me, I'd love to be the person in charge of the soundtracks. I have a wonderful obsession with movie soundtracks. Some gorgeous ones include, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, any Wes Anderson movie ever, Midnight in Paris, The Great Gatsby, Silver Linings Playbook, Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Forrest Gump. Not counting musicals. 
They bring me joy.  


I think the last thing I'm going to talk about is one of my favorite TV shows. My Mad Fat Diary. It's a British show, and it focuses on a girl named Rae who has a lot of depression/anxiety and serious self-esteem issues. It sound depressing, but I love it because it's such an honest show. It really shows how awful it is living with this stuff and it doesn't sugarcoat anything. But at the same time Rae is just a normal teenage girl, so of course it also talks about friend, family and boy troubles, and in some cases lack there-of. There are some moments that made me smile at my computer and there are even some moments where I cried. It's such a wonderfully made show though. Please watch it. 
Also the cast is freaking gorgeous. Look at these people, damn:




Anyways, here's a playlist from 8tracks that I've been obsessed with lately. Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Forever Bedhead 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis